Senior Structural Engineer
Senior Structural Engineer
Due to continued growth, our client are currently looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to assist in dealing with an increase in workload and the further development and expansion of the team. They are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic candidate to manage and work on the design of various structural engineering projects. These projects predominantly cover the north of England, centred on Leeds, but will occasionally include sites across the UK. The post is within the structural engineering team which is responsible for the structural design of building for commercial, industrial, health, leisure, retail and residential sectors. The candidate should have experience with both new build and refurbishment projects. They should be proficient in the design of all structural materials and possess a sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations. A working knowledge of the Eurocodes and Finite Element Analysis packages is essential. The candidate will be a Chartered Structural Engineer (MIStruct E) or approaching Chartered status. They should be eligible to live and work in the UK and will ideally have at least 5 years previous UK based consultancy experience within this field of work.
The suitable candidate must be motivated and enthusiastic and will possess:-
- Capability to work independently or with the design team.
- Ability to effectively delegate work to others and act in a mentoring role to less experienced staff.
- Knowledge and understanding of current technical standards.
- Financial management skills in assessing potential projects and preparing fee quotes.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Previous experience in dealing with clients and attending design team meetings.
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Commitment to continued professional development. - Hold a full UK Driving Licence.
Great Benefits Package which includes...
· 26 days paid annual leave, comprising your birthday, 22 flexible days, and 3 days fixed over the Christmas period. In addition, 8 bank holidays are provided, and the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days additional leave.
· Flexible working hours
· Free on-site parking
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· Chartered Professional fees paid
· Enrolment under the "Simply Health" benefit scheme after 6 months service
· Childcare vouchers under the Busy Bees Scheme
· Cycle scheme
· Social activities
· Bi-Annual Bonus Scheme
Want to know more?
Drop me a line on 0113 4166287
Apply for Senior Structural Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly