Principal Civil Engineer
A well established public and private sector team, based in Chelmsford, are looking for a Principal Civil Engineer professional!!!
A leading consultancy is seeking a Principal Civil Engineer, with a bias towards highway design skills, who will be responsible for the design and undertaking of project management to drive forward various civil infrastructure projects related to commercial, residential and transportation developments. You will provide wide ranging infrastructure design and project management expertise to deliver multi-disciplinary developments.
You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of major schemes which would be a fantastic addition to your CV.
- Competitive salary
- Fantastic benefits package
- Amazing social team and environment
- Lead the delivery of infrastructure design
- Directly manage and deliver the technical, financial and management requirements of development related infrastructure projects (including planning, control and monitoring from feasibility through to detailed design phase and construction support)
- Provision of technical direction and sign off, including assurance processes such as design reviews
- Preparation and management of project budgets & programmes
- Provide a client focused service which results in on-going satisfaction and repeat business
- Build effective relationships within teams, across the organisation and externally
- Provide leadership to a small team with line manager responsibilities
- Produce project reports for client and internal reporting requirements
- Undertake and support work-winning initiatives
- Contribute to developing the company's business including technical skills development
- CEng required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- MSc / MEng in Engineering preferred.
- Experience in UK development related infrastructure engineering; likely to be from a private/consultancy background
- Ideally to have experience in the preparation of contract drawings and specifications and the negotiation of Section 38 and 278 Agreements for highway works, 104 and 106 Agreements for sewers and also utilities works experience
- A practical and current awareness of technological developments in the design process would be highly beneficial
- Negotiate with and influence third parties
- Demonstrable proactive approach to continuing professional development
- Uses analysis of relevant information and own judgement to make informed and sound decisions
- The ability to produce the design of highways, access roads and infrastructure of development projects including the design of road geometry, public realm, earthworks, pavements, drainage and underground services
- To understand and have experience of the MCHW, DMRB, MfS and local authority design guidance
- A detailed knowledge of road design using 3D computer modelling packages, such as Civil 3D
- A detailed knowledge of drainage design including piped systems, SuDS based systems and familiarity with storage design and computer programs such as MicroDrainage
- Be able to co-ordinate with Statutory Utilities to ensure capacity for new development exists within existing networks
For more information on this position please call Toby Willetts on 0203 6800640 today!!!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.