Graduate Civil Engineer
This leading firm of consulting engineers are looking for a Graduate Civil Engineer to join their team in their office in Redhill. The practice provides structural, civil, geotechnical, environmental and transportation engineering design services both overseas and throughout the UK. The ideal candidate will be someone seeking the opportunity to work on technically challenging projects with a real focus on delivering exceptional quality results to the clients. You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a commercial and client focused approach.
To be considered for this role you should be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- Understanding of storm and foul water drainage network design
- Conversant with highway layouts (horizontal and vertical layouts)
- Experience in Flood Risk Assessments
- Competent in using AutoCAD
- Preparing and checking project design and assessment calculations, drawings, preparing reports, preparing contract documents
- Undertaking work on site such as inspections and contract supervision
- Communicating with suppliers, clients, contractors, the public and other engineers within the company.
- Compliance with Health & Safety, environmental and managerial procedures
- Presenting / representing your technical work (presentations / meetings)
- Assigning and checking the work of technicians/administrative staff
Applicant should have:
- A 2.1 or above MEng (or equivalent) Civil/Structural Engineering Degree
- A 'B' or above Maths A- Level, and a 'C' or above in your remaining A-Levels
Working for the team offers you the opportunity to think as an engineer, be innovative and creative, as well as develop your commercial and technical skills. There are excellent training opportunities with the Company Approved Training Scheme through the Institution of Civil Engineers and can offer structured training to those seeking Chartership.
Benefits in addition to basic salary include 25 days holiday (extra day after 5 yrs service), pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefits and injury, sick pay, exam fees/courses paid, season ticket loan, private medical, travel insurance scheme and childcare vouchers. Hours are 9-5.30 with one hour for lunch. Their office is near the main line station and there is parking available.
Suitable candidates, please send me your CV in Word format.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.