Senior Civil Engineer
Senior Civil Engineer needed by a leading design consultancy for their office in Redhill.
The practice provides structural, civil, geotechnical, environmental and transportation engineering design services both overseas and throughout the UK. The ideal candidate will be someone seeking the opportunity to work on technically challenging projects with a real focus on delivering exceptional quality results to the clients. You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a commercial and client focused approach.
Working as part of a team and reporting to a Partner or Associate on a daily and weekly basis, you will work on a variety of Civil Engineering projects and be expected to:
- Own project production from inception to completion with Partner or Associate oversight only including project management plans, appointment documents, financial management, invoice drafting, report writing and calculation, specification, drawing and PDS/Civils3D Model production.
- Prepare Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies to suit Client purposes.
- Provide leadership and management to the resources on a project basis.
- Manage and record health and safety risks and maintain Designers Risk Assessments in accordance with CDM regulations and all guidance.
- Take responsibility and provide technical/commercial knowledge and decisions to control our exposure to risk with Project Partner support as necessary.
- Advise and update the Project Partner of any possible changes to scope, circumstances, or programme that may impact on cost and agree actions.
- Be conversant with the practice Integrated Management System, policies and procedure and ensure document control of the projects undertaken is maintained.
- Liaise with co-professionals and clients on a project basis through meetings and conference calls etc, with input to information production and execution programmes.
- Delegate workload and monitor delivery and help train and mentor other team members.
- Liaise with Associates and Partners on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to plan and ensure sufficient resourcing to enable timely project delivery.
- Undertake site visits, surveys and inspections of sites; prepare reports or sections thereof.
- Act on behalf of the company at Design/Project meetings and to promote the services and skills of the practice including the negotiation and obtaining technical approvals/solutions.
- Develop client and co-professional relationships to build your own network of work-referrers and strengthen existing Partner and Associate relationships.
The office workload is likely to include highways and drainage engineering in relation to civils building projects such as residential schemes, schools, industrial units, commercial and retail buildings etc.
Key Attributes/ Skills:
- Multiple years experience in a similar role.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, motivated team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate creativity and innovation in design of civil engineering solutions across highways and drainage design.
- Significant knowledge and experience of the principles and application of all relevant regulations and guidance including, but not limited to the most up-to-date versions of Manual for Streets, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Sewers for Adoption.
- Experience of PDS, Microdrainage and AuotCAD (Civils 3D preferable)
- Knowledge and experience of the application of the CDM Regulations.
- Ability to plan and manage personal and team effectiveness.
- Be competent and confident in giving presentations internally and to clients and co-professionals on a project and general level.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the professional risks carried by the practice and the actions necessary to satisfy the terms of our appointments, warranties and insurances.
- BEng, MEng or MSc in Civil Engineering preferred.
- Preferably Chartered or near Chartered (within 1 year) with ICE or similar organisation.
Benefits in addition to basic salary include 25 days holiday (extra day after 5 yrs service), pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefits and injury, sick pay, exam fees/courses paid, season ticket loan, private medical, travel insurance scheme and childcare vouchers. Hours are 9-5.30 with one hour for lunch. Their office is near the main line station and there is parking available.
Suitable candidates, please send me your CV in Word format.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.