Principal Highways and Drainage Engineer
Stimulating opportunity for a Principal Highways and Drainage Engineer to join a busy development infrastructure team based in Birmingham!!!
A leading consultancy is seeking a Principal Highways and Drainage Engineer to join their team, who tackle a wide variety of projects located both in the UK and overseas. The Birmingham team plays an integral part in these projects often taking a leading role, with work spanning initial feasibility, technical support for planning and detailed design of infrastructure for implementation. This is an ideal opportunity for a suitably experienced Civil Engineer to develop their career and assist in the technical direction and future development of this team.
You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of major schemes which would be a fantastic addition to your CV.
- Competitive salary
- Fantastic benefits package
- Amazing social team and environment
- Technical delivery and financial performance of projects
- Interfacing with clients and managing and developing client relationships
- Management of a project team and representing the team internally and externally at an appropriate level
- Overseeing and checking the technical output of other team members
- Production of studies, assessments and/or conceptual designs for development schemes including drainage, roads, utilities, flooding and sustainability
- Carrying out and checking detailed design calculations; prepare engineering design drawings, specifications and information
- Liaison with regulatory bodies including government departments, local authorities, water and utility companies, the Environment Agency and other public bodies to deliver the necessary approvals
- Preparation of fee proposals and management of budgets
- Have a Civil Engineering Degree and/or a Masters Degree
- Have relevant experience, ideally with a consultant in Highways and Drainage design for residential, commercial and leisure sites
- Experienced in working with developer clients and contractors
- Proven track record in delivering infrastructure projects
- Experienced in supervising and developing staff
- Ideally, you will be an Incorporated or Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers, a member of the Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management or a Member of the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation
For more information on this position please call Toby Willetts on 0203 6800640 today!!!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.