Structural Engineer - Temporary Works
Would you like to be part of the team in a successful, rapidly expanding, award winning structural engineering consultancy based in South West London?
The company is actively growing its Temporary Works Department due to its continually increasing work load and as a result they currently have an exciting opportunity for a Structural Design Engineer to join the creative, innovative and dedicated team. The firm works mainly in the high end residential sector, both new build and refurbishment, often bespoke projects involving basement design, sometimes multi-storey. Other projects include commercial schemes such as schools and religious buildings. Their projects normally range from £150,000 up to £8m.
The role will include the design of both temporary works and permanent works. The ideal candidate will be technically excellent from a design point of view.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing temporary and permanent works design schemes for varied projects.
- Ensuring all designs adhere to the latest codes of practice, UK regulations and Company policies.
- Apply engineering knowledge to analyse the structural integrity of permanent and temporary works structures.
- Assess and design-out hazards where possible within the design process and propose effective control measures for the reduction and elimination of risk.
- Conduct site surveys, collect and assess site information, liaise with clients and site teams, as well as represent the Company at design and site meetings.
- Contribute to winning work by providing strong technical support to tenders by identifying innovative and cost effective strategies and design solutions.
The successful applicant will have:
- BEng/MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Ability to compile method statements and other documentation for formal submission.
- Understanding of construction methodology and design principles with specific reference to Temporary Works.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with colleagues / external parties at all levels.
- Self-motivated and resilient with the ability to operate independently where required.
Sam Davis 0203 680 0640
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.