Associate Structural Engineer
Associate Structural Engineer with UK leading consultancy
Your new company
You will be working for a consultancy who's design practice provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of projects relating to buildings and infrastructure.
Your new role
You will play a leading role in some of the world's most challenging and exciting engineering projects across sectors including; Education, Commercial, Residential, Defence, Energy and Transportation; this gives you the opportunity to work with major clients on stimulating and high-profile projects in the UK.
Reporting directly to the Exeter Structures team lead and working closely with engineers and architects of all levels you will lead on a broad range of projects, developing existing and new client relationships and overseeing staff development.
What you'll need to succeed
As an Associate Structural Engineer who is Chartered MICE or MIStructE, you will have an impressive portfolio in design and delivery of building projects, and will also be able to fulfil the following requirements:
- Education, degree level or equivalent in Structural Engineering
- Chartered Civil / Structural Engineer with the MICE or MIStructE
- Experience of structural engineering building design on multi-disciplinary projects
- Proven track record of successful delivery and client management
- BIM/Digital competent
- Ability to work within budget and to programme, to control costs and to effectively manage resources and change control.
You will be responsible for
- Ensuring the provision of efficient, high quality structural engineering design
- Leading, managing and co-ordinating multi-disciplinary project teams to complete projects to meet client aspirations
- Ensuring successful delivery of projects by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary environment including working closely with local and remote teams
- Provide leadership, management and development of engineers and technicians whilst training and mentoring juniors, ideally DE moving toward SCE with the ICE or similar training schemes
- Production, check and review of designs for projects in accordance with relevant design standards and codes including client specific requirements: Governance of design solutions to corporate standards and client requirements
If you are currently operating within either a senior or principal level structural engineering position, and are looking to enhance your career by moving into an associate role, then this could be the opportunity for you.
What you'll get in return
In return you will benefit from a competitive salary while working with one of the most exciting and respected companies in the UK
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.