Conrad Consulting is working with a specialist firm who focus on engineering solutions for new build foundations in London, Home Counties and the south coast. They pride themselves on establishing lasting relationships with clients by offering them value added solutions and first class customer service and communication.
They are looking for a confident, self-motivated and enthusiastic Structural Engineer with a minimum of 3 years' experience to join their team in Luton on a full time permanent basis.
Responsibilities of the Structural Engineer:
- Understand/know weight of common construction materials used for residential buildings and light commercial structures.
- Complete timely calculations of building weights using standard documents to be used for concept pricing.
- Pro-actively seek information to enable building calculations to be completed timely.
- Be prepared to provide sketches of sections to be used for pricing.
- Review actual designed weight V's tendered and provide feedback to team.
- Work with geotechnical engineers to understand ground conditions and analyse results of soil sample and in-situ tests.
- Provide technical advice to the pre-construction and construction teams.
- BEng or MEng in structural engineering
- A minimum of 3 years' post graduate experience
- Happy to work in a commercially orientated environment within the construction sector.
- Passion for providing good quality customer service.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Team player.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills - Microsoft Office essential. (Excel & Word)
- Proficient in the use of Autocad.
- Willing to take ownership of a work task, produce the information required to high standard and within the time scales set.
If you would like to know more about this Structural Engineer vacancy, please send your up to date CV to Graham Ventham to apply - suitable applicants will be contacted with further details.
Apply for Structural Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly