CAD Technician (Civil/Structural)
Looking for your next career opportunity within a new, up and coming consultancy? Then look no further!
Our client works on a variety of interesting and challenging schemes. They're continuing to expand teams and their London office is looking to bring in a CAD Technician to assist with the workload.
We need someone who is hard-working and can hit the ground running. Developing solutions to problems, and creating clear drawings to support the information provided.
The successful CAD Technician will be reporting to the Principal/Senior Engineer, and you'll be required to attend occasional meetings.
You will be based at the centre of rail and civil projects, where you can expect a 50% Civil and 50% Structural split.
Sectors: Bridges, Commercial, Retails, Rail, Infrastructure and many others.
- Good experience working with Steelwork detailing, slabs, foundations and other design materials
- Xref Management
- CAD RC detailing
- HNC, HND or equivalent qualification with good maths and English skills
- Excellent CAD skills (2D) up to the latest AutoCAD, preferably 3D
- Experience working on large-scale projects
- Knowledge of major heavy rail client CAD standards and procedures
- Good understanding of structure types
- Ability to create drawings from conceptual ideas
- Perform CADQA checks and reports on CAD files created by others
- Support and manage workload of junior members of the team
- Understanding of rail infrastructure
This consultancy also runs their own ICE Training, allowing Engineers to work towards Chartership with the support of the mentors.
Competitive salary and additional benefits- as well as lots of opportunities for progression.
For further information and to be considered for this role, get in touch with Graham Ventham at Conrad Consulting today on 01728 726120, or apply with your up to date CV.