Hydromorphology Team Leader
Are you a highly experienced Hydromorphologist looking for an exciting new opportunity? Well, a team leader position in one of the UKs most respected hydromorphology teams has opened in Birmingham!!!
A leading consultancy is seeking a Hydromorphology Team Leader to take on the management of an established hydromorphology team. The ideal candidate will have extensive theoretical and applied knowledge, and will guide the development of this growing team, working with a range of associated disciplines to cement and grow their position as one of the most respected hydromorphology teams in the UK.
You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of major schemes which would be a fantastic addition to your CV.
- Competitive salary
- Fantastic benefits package
- Amazing social team and environment
- Technical oversight and guidance of work undertaken by the hydromorphology team including fieldwork, hydraulic and sediment transport modelling, report writing etc.
- Working with a range of internal disciplines including Ecology, Water, Engineering, Heritage etc. to develop holistic project solutions
- Leading on and contributing to WFD assessments and environmental impact assessments, guiding new infrastructure developments to the best environmental outcomes
- Leading consultation with statutory regulators where required, particularly the EA and NE
- Maintaining links to selected academic institutions
- Representing the company at key conferences in the UK and overseas
- Technical project management
- Maintaining excellent client relationships and developing new clients
- Identification of new internal and external clients
- Recruiting talented individuals to grow the team, as required
- Business development and work winning, including the preparation of high quality project and framework tenders
- Able to track project financial performance
- High quality degree in a relevant field, and ideally a Masters/PhD
- Ideally, you will be Chartered
- Ideally, you will have international experience
- In-depth knowledge of hydromorphology/fluvial geomorphology, including experience of a range of river types
- Experience of all stages of a project including outline feasibility, options appraisal, detailed design and contract/specification
- Experience of a range of projects including river restoration, natural flood management, weir removal, and infrastructure-related hydromorphological assessment and design
- Sound knowledge of sediment transport processes
- Experience of high gradient and low gradient systems and bedrock, coarse and fine sediment dynamics
- Extensive fieldwork experience including catchment walkovers, fluvial audits etc.
- Experience in supervising 1D-2D and 2D only hydraulic modelling including interpretation of modelling results for design functionality/sustainability, erosion and deposition dynamics etc.
- Experience of undertaking, and guiding others to undertake, qualitative and quantitative analysis of sediment dynamics
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of analytical methods
- Ability to work with project engineers, and other disciplines to understand the balance of project drivers, and deliver solutions that are effective and sustainable
- Strong technical leadership, and proven ability to mentor and grow talent
- Strong understanding of the hydromorphology market
- Experience of a range of client types, including statutory bodies, infrastructure clients and the third sector;
- Good team leadership skills, including the ability to lead a geographically dispersed team
- Excellent client communication and client management experience
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong health and safety awareness and experience of using safety systems
- Strong business acumen and experience of working to Quality Management procedures
For more information on this position please call Toby Willetts on 0203 6800640 today!!!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.