Principal Structural Engineer
Your new company
You will be working with a privately owned Consultancy where the Partners are still and always practising engineers. Each Partner holds complete responsibility for all projects under their care and personally directs teams of engineers to achieve maximum programme delivery. Their involvement and ability to quickly respond to client needs is what sets them apart from rival Consultancies. This hands on approach from Partners allows them to develop lasting relationships which cascades down as an ethos to all levels of the business that you will soon be part of.
Your new role
Moving into a healthy team environment, you will be taking on a Technical lead role that liaises with all members of the design team to achieve a coordinated design solution that meets the clients objectives on projects varying in size and value.
The ideal individual for this role will be someone with Chartered status (MICE or MIStructE) that is looking to work in a technical role only wishing to lead and assist teams around them opposed to project manage at this point in your career.
What you'll need to succeed
- Chartered Status (MICE or MIStructE)
- Varied experience in all common forms of construction and building types with integrated use of Eurocodes.
- Excellent report writing, communication and numerical skills
- Minimum of 15 years experience
- Full clean driving licence.
You will need to be excel at the following;
- Structural Engineering assessment and inspection of new and existing properties in steel, concrete, masonry and timber.
- Analysis and design using a range of software packages including Tekla, Structural Designer, TEDDS and Masterseries.
- Prepare technical reports including structural surveys, while maintaining high quality and consistency of technical output of drawings, reports etc.
What you'll get in return
In return you will benefit from a competitive salary and flexible benefits package. You will be working from a highly sort after location with quick access to the M5. You will get to work with a consultancy that prides themselves of their clear vision for innovation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.