Assistant Civil Engineer
What do we do?
Amey Consulting are working on various projects throughout the UK, including Wales and Borders, TRU, Midland Mainline, Crossrail, the national level crossing framework and multiple immunisation projects. We are predominantly involved in Network Rail GRIP stages 5 to 8 design and build projects however we also have a number of early GRIP schemes. Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit an Assistant Engineer in either Birmingham, Derby or York. You will undertake production of Civil design as part of a dedicated Civil design engineering team. In addition, you will assist the Civil design team with the preparation and amendment of Civil design deliverables.
What would you do?
- Carry out design and assessment work for civil and structural elements of projects with minimal supervision
- Contribute to site surveys
- Collate technical information from surveys, inspections and other sources (e.g. eB)
- Assist with design and assessment work for civil and structural elements of projects
- Assist designers with identifying risks and hazards
- Prepare low complexity design and assessment reports
- Produce design drawings using Microstation
- Produce mark ups and sketches for CAD technicians
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualification in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. BEng/MEng or equivalent) to satisfy the current entry requirements for CEng or IEng
- Completed a Graduate Training Programme or appropriate level of experience in a relevant area, confirmed using the authority to work process
- Experienced using Microstation in 2D and 3D
- Keep up to date with current NR, RSSB and British standards relevant to Civil/Structural design
- Have knowledge of interfaces between civil engineering and other railway disciplines and how these are managed
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.
We are an equal opportunities employer and place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all our employees. We can also offer a flexible work week to suit a healthy work-life balance.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year, including cycle to work and interest-free season ticket loan. All employees are also able to participate in our community involvement day to volunteer and make a difference in their community.
As a multidisciplinary, design and build organisation you will have the opportunity to work closely alongside internal construction and test colleagues as well as other design disciplines.