We are working closely with one of our key clients, an established East Anglia based Civil & Structural engineering firm, to source a Civil Engineer for their office in south Essex on a full-time permanent basis. The successful Civil Engineer will become an integral member of their experienced civil engineering team and duties will include preparing drawings & designs using the appropriate software, assisting in the issue of project documents and work closely with other members of the infrastructure team to ensure projects are delivered to tight deadlines.
Our client is looking for an Civil Engineer with:
- A HNC or degree in Civil Engineering,
- Strong ambition to become a Chartered Civil Engineer,
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a Civil Engineer working on highways & drainage design,
- Experience working on residential developments (highly advantageous),
- Experience in highways design, ground modelling & drainage design (including sustainable drainage),
- Working knowledge of a range of design software including AutoCAD, PDS & Microdrainage / WinDes,
- Civil 3D experience (advantageous),
- Experience producing & preparing Flood Risk Assessments (advantageous),
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal).
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly reputable firm that holds a strong industry presence within the UK. The directors believe in making sure their staff feel valued - as you grow as an Engineer & take on more responsibilities, you will in turn be rewarded for your efforts and be given a clear track for progression.