Senior Flood Risk Engineer
Are you looking to develop your career within a growing consultancy?
Right now I am working with a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy who are currently undergoing an exciting development programme. They are looking for an experienced Senior Flood Risk Engineer to join their expanding team in central Milton Keynes.
The main focus of the Flood Risk team is to undertake flood risk assessments, flood modelling and preparation of drainage strategies. If you are an experienced Flood Risk Engineering professional looking for an exciting challenge then this position could be the perfect role for you.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Flood Risk Engineer:
- Management and development of the Flood Risk team;
- On-site investigation work, analysis, production and checking of technical reports and project management;
- Co-ordination with other disciplines/offices, client liaison, fee proposals and invoicing;
- Working collaboratively with engineers and other technicians to deliver quality, evidence led reports;
- Business development with existing clients and creating new contacts/opportunities;
- Implement high design standards and deliver BIM (Building Information Modelling) solutions to projects, and;
- The mentoring and supervision of Flood Risk apprentices, technicians and engineers.
Requirements of the Senior Flood Risk Engineer:
- A minimum qualification of a degree in Civil Engineering or similar;
- Demonstrable relevant experience;
- Professional member of The Institution of Civil Engineers, CIWEM or similar;
- Detailed knowledge of current legislation, drainage design standards and good practice;
- Writing of flood risk reports, development of drainage strategies, river/flood modelling;
- Proficient user of AutoCAD with ability to prepare CAD drawings to a standard suitable for inclusion in reports;
- Use various computer software programs which will include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access), Micro Drainage and flood modelling software such as XP Storm, Hec-Ras, Tuflow or Floodmodeller;
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with colleagues and clients;
- Ability to work within a team and also able work under own initiative;
- Excellent organisational skills and able to prioritise workload.
If you would like further details of this fantastic opportunity, please contact Graham Ventham on 01728 726 120 for a confidential chat.