Associate Director (Structures)
Do you consider yourself an excellent new business developer? Are you an experienced Associate Director who has led and successfully delivered buildings structures projects?
If you can answer yes to these questions, we would like to hear from you!
We are working with a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy who, following rapid expansion over recent years are currently undergoing an exciting development programme and have a requirement for an ambitious, dynamic individual to help lead their buildings structures team.
The main focus of their structural team is the design of foundations and super-structures in reinforced concrete, steel and timber, including calculations, construction detail drawings and reports.
Key responsibilities of the Associate Director:
- Management and development of the structural engineering team;
- Design project management, co-ordination with other disciplines/offices, client liaison, fee proposals and invoicing;
- Working collaboratively with engineers and other technicians to deliver multiple project designs;
- Business development with existing clients and creating new contacts/opportunities;
- Implement high design standards and deliver BIM (Building Information Modelling) solutions to projects; and
- The recruitment, mentoring and supervision of civil engineering apprentices, technicians and engineers.
Requirements of the Associate Director:
- A minimum qualification of a degree in Civil Engineering or similar;
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer and member of IStructE or ICE;
- Competent in wide variety of structural design schemes;
- Working knowledge of Building Control, NHBC and Highway Authority submission and approval processes;
- Proficient user of AutoCAD and Revit;
- The ability to prepare CAD drawings to a standard suitable for construction and technical approvals;
- Proficient in the use of structural design software such as Tekla/Tedds;
- Good IT skills, including MS Office;
- Excellent communication skills, to liaise with colleagues and clients;
- Ability to work within a team and also able work under own initiative.
If you would like further details of this fantastic opportunity, please contact Graham Ventham on 01728 726 120 for a confidential chat.