Civil Design Engineer
Would you relish the opportunity to produce quality designs and manage projects that are an essential element of our clients expertise? If so, we have the perfect role for you!
Our client is a national, award winning Civil Engineering firm with a passion for the design and delivery of high quality award winning buildings, structures and public spaces. We are helping them to find a Civil Design Engineer to join their team in Central London.
The ideal candidate will be curious, collaborative, ingenious and passionate about engineering and the built environment.
Projects: Roads & drainage design - building related infrastructure.
Responsibilities of the Civil Design Engineer:
- Assessing problems using qualitative and quantitative measures
- Contributing to high quality written reports on a range of projects
- Preparation, presentation and self-checking of technical data and drawings
- Preparation for and participation in Internal Reviews
- Compliance with the duties of Designer under the CDM Regulations 2015
- Compliance with the practice QMS, including self-checking
- Understanding the project in order to deliver outputs required, deadlines, liaising with the project team, feeding any matters arising back to senior team
- Briefing Technicians and Graduates in the production of drawings and models
- Telephone and email contact with clients and collaborators
- Attending site and project team meetings under the direction of a Senior Engineer/Associate
- Buddying junior members of the team
- Contributing to writing bids and fee proposals
Requirements of the Civil Design Engineer:
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Must be a Chartered Engineer within a relevant institution (MICE/MIStructE) or near chartered,
- Proven expertise and experience in engineering design and analysis,
- Competence in the use of industry standard analysis software,
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills,
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal).
Our client is offering the successful Civil Design Engineer a competitive salary & a generous benefits package.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Engineer with a passion for design to join a contemporary & design-focused practice.
If you would like to be considered for this vacancy, please send your up to date CV to Graham Ventham to apply - suitable applicants will be contacted with further details.