Principal Structural Engineer
Our client is one of the world's leading names when it comes to engineering and their high level of expertise allows them to provide worldwide environmentally sound, yet innovative design across all sectors and geographical locations.
Their reputation speaks for itself, as does their history of award winning schemes. They have an opportunity in their London office for a Principal Senior Engineer to join their sports structures team - who focus on providing creative engineering solutions on large-scale steelwork structures and connection design, including major transport interchanges and grandstands.
It is likely you will have experience in sports structural design or be from a fabrication or production of major steelwork projects background.
- Undertaking structural engineering projects,
- Performing analyses and calculations as appropriate,
- Developing steelwork details including general arrangements and full connection design,
- Supervising work, ensuring that it is carried out to the appropriate technical standard and that it is managed to programme and budget
- Leading a team of engineers and technicians designing building structures,
- Effectively control commercial, managerial and technical aspects of projects or parts thereof for which you are responsible.
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- A Chartered Structural Engineer (MIStructE / MICE)
- Ability to deliver high quality structural design solutions, analysis and calculations to a level of detailed construction information and coordinated with other disciplines
- Specific experience in the design and detailing of large-scale and complex structural steelwork including connection design.
- A solid track record of having worked on a variety of structures projects, possibly as project leader on some, with experience of dealing directly with architects and clients.
- A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills.
On offer for the Principal Structural Engineer:
- Competitive salary up to £60,000 per annum,
- Genuine career progression leading unique projects,
- Flexible working,
- 25 days' annual leave,
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance,
- Life assurance,
- One paid annual professional institution membership fee,
- A range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle,
If you would like further details on this fantastic opportunity, please contact Graham Ventham on 01728 726 120 for a confidential chat.