Principal Structural Engineer (Heritage)
Our client is one of the world's leading names when it comes to engineering and their high level of expertise allows them to provide worldwide environmentally sound, yet innovative design across all sectors and geographical locations.
Their reputation speaks for itself, as does their history of award winning schemes. They have an opportunity in their London office for a Principal Senior Engineer with experience in architectural structural engineering design to join their historic structures team - who work on a number of challenging and exciting projects
On a day to day basis the Principal Structural Engineer will be involved in the design of a wide range of complex and challenging projects from concept through to completion. It is likely you will have experience in high-profile and iconic architectural structures and 3D parametric design of complex geometry using Rhino and Grasshopper or similar.
- Undertaking structural engineering projects, performing analyses and calculations as appropriate,
- Developing structural details including general arrangements and interface detailing,
- Supervising work, ensuring that it is carried out to the appropriate technical standard and that it is managed to programme and budget,
- Leading a team of engineers and technicians designing building structures,
- Effectively control commercial, managerial and technical aspects of projects or parts thereof for which you are responsible.
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- A Chartered Structural Engineer (MIStructE / MICE)
- Experience of Structural Engineering in directly relevant fields including a broad knowledge of structural materials including but not limited to steel, concrete and timber,
- Ability to deliver high quality structural design solutions including strong creative and conceptual design skills, analysis and calculations.
- Specific experience in the design and detailing of architectural steelwork structures, including the use of 3D parametric modelling (Rhino, Grasshopper),
- A solid track record of having worked on a variety of structures projects, possibly as project leader on some, with experience of dealing directly with architects and clients,
- A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills.
On offer for the Principal Structural Engineer:
- Competitive salary up to £60,000 per annum,
- Genuine career progression leading unique projects,
- Flexible working,
- 25 days' annual leave,
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance,
- Life assurance,
- One paid annual professional institution membership fee,
- A range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle,
If you would like further details on this fantastic opportunity, please contact Graham Ventham on 01728 726 120 for a confidential chat.