The Design and Advisory Services (DAS) team work on projects in various markets across the globe including onshore and offshore wind, solar and hydro projects both within the UK and global market. Our engineers provide technical advice and design services, including EIA services for new developments, detail design for new wind farm projects across the UK, lenders technical advice on wind farms under construction in Scandinavia and due diligence on projects going through financing in the US.
Working across all phases of projects from feasibility, through planning and construction, and into the operation of renewable energy assets, this role will involve working both with engineers within the team and collaboratively across other disciplines within the company to successfully deliver projects for our clients. The successful applicant will be involved in providing technical advice and solutions for onshore and offshore wind, solar and hydro projects both within the UK and global market.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will work as an Engineering (CAD) Technician within the DAS team to assist in the delivery of a portfolio of new and ongoing projects, to ensure the distribution of engineering and design advice which focuses on implementing a high-quality service through engineering best practice.
Your main duties will include using AutoCAD 2019 to assist project managers with the following:
- Production of 2D and 3D civil designs for renewable energy projects;
- Production of structural detailing drawings, including wind turbine foundations;
- Production of architectural detailing and design drawings; and
- Drafting and support for other disciplines such as geotechnical analysis and Environmental Impact Assessments.
The DAS team works closely together, providing the opportunity to explore different parts of the teams services and assist colleagues in delivering engineering advice, which includes the wider Natural Power business of delivering technical due diligence of projects.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Health & Safety: All employees are required to adhere to Health & Safety Regulations and ensure best practice is met by both themselves and by their colleagues
- Conduct: All employees are required to conduct themselves in a professional manner in accordance with company values, policies and codes of conduct as outlined in the employee handbook
- Quality: All employees are expected to work within the systems, processes and procedures outlined within the department and / or company handbooks or software platforms or training manuals
- Flexibility: A reasonable degree of flexibility is required from all employees to meet the needs of the role, the department and the wider company
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualification in Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CAD)
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D software
- Experience with structural detailing
- Experience with architectural detailing
- Experience within the renewable energy industry
- Experience of designing and managing large scale civil engineering projects
Natural Power is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Natural Power reserves the right to remove this vacancy at any time.
Closing date: Friday 28th June at 12.00 pm
After the closing date this job description will no longer be available on our website therefore, please retain a copy for your records.