Senior Civil Engineers
Bouygues Travaux Publics (TP) and Laing O’Rourke, two of Europe’s most dynamic engineering and construction specialists are working together in a joint venture named BYLOR to deliver the main civil engineering works at Hinkley Point C (HPC) worth over £2.8 billion.
Bylor are currently recruiting for Senior Civil Engineers to join the team based in Somerset.
The successful candidates will have responsibility for ensuring engineering and technical compliance, and delivering required levels of quality in accordance with specification, on various structures as part of this prestigious project.
Working with innovative and diverse teams the opportunity to work on one of the UK’s biggest infrastructure project should not be missed. The opportunity will enhance your skill set and be a good challenge for any engineering professional who wants to learn, innovate and deliver complex works in civil engineering as part of an award winning Engineering team.
The scope of work consists of 62 buildings varying in value from £20 million to £80 million. The role will involve managing a team of Section and Site Engineers on an assigned building with responsibilities for the following:
- Overall responsibility for the technical aspects of the work packages
- Method statements, risk assessments, task sheets and procedures, environmental procedures
- Assist all engineering levels with construction methods and practice
- Information for the correct procurement of materials and services
- Managing productivity and delivery of the team to the required scope and specifications.
- Providing required reporting information to the Project Manager
- Ideally 5 years+ experience in heavy civil engineering projects
- Multi-disciplinary experience in engineering roles with exposure to reinforced concrete and steel structures.
- Experience of sub-contractor management as well as direct delivery works
- Experience of managing multi-level engineering teams in project environments
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- MICE/FICE or equivalent
- CEng or equivalent
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org with your application or any questions.