Senior Buried Infrastructure Engineer
Working for T + T
Become an integral member of our team at Tonkin+Taylor, where your hard work and positive work ethic will be rewarded! We are looking for a talented individual who will contribute to our goal to be the Best to work for, the Best to work with and the Best at what we do.
Our Civil Infrastructure team are growing and need an enthusiastic and committed engineer to focus on the delivery of smart solutions in the Three Waters and buried infrastructure space to our Water, Transport and Land clients. Drawing on the diverse talent already available, we are strengthening our ability to deliver stormwater and waste water design and trenchless infrastructure across New Zealand and Australia.
Senior Buried Infrastructure Engineer with substantial experience (15+ years) in trenchless pipeline planning, design and construction phase services to work within our existing team of buried infrastructure design experts. Ideal candidates will have experience with various forms of trenchless pipeline methods including auger boring, micro-tunnelling, horizontal directional drilling, and tunnelling. In this role you will provide specialist expertise and design leadership for our engineers in water and transport sectors. You will be supported by Tonkin+Taylor's substantial geotechnical engineering and ground testing divisions, which are leaders in New Zealand's ground engineering industry.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Undertake planning, design, and documentation of buried infrastructure projects including feasibility and options assessment, cost estimating and design through to detailed design and construction observation
- Knowledge of construction capabilities and techniques available in the New Zealand and international market including ongoing liaison with Contractors
- Provide technical leadership on various trenchless projects, including supervising, coordinating and reviewing work of others
- Plan, organize, and lead project teams through project delivery
- Work with construction partners in design and construct and alliance relationships;
- Perform consultancy project management tasks including budgeting/invoicing, resourcing, programme management
- Support business development and strategic initiatives, including development of key client relationships
- Business development and strategic initiatives, including development of key client relationships
- Preparation and presentation of bid proposals
- Assist in the mentoring and management of senior, intermediate and junior engineers
- Liaison with other disciplines, professionals, clients and third parties
- Other duties as required.
We are looking for candidates who bring considerable experience in:
- A range of trenchless technologies, ideally including some or all of the following areas:
- Horizontal Directional Drilling
- Micro-tunnelling and Pipejacking
- Auger Boring
- Tunnelling and shafts (excavation and support systems)
- Pipeline Assessment and Trenchless Rehabilitation Techniques
- Design and construction QA/QC and Design and Construct Project Tender and Delivery
- Client interface and communication skills
- Track record and recognition in the trenchless engineering industry (e.g. UK, Australia, USA, NZ)
- Presentation and writing skills
- Ability to work well within a collaborative team culture
Why join T+T?
At Tonkin+Taylor, we offer an environment in which innovation, technical rigour and achievement of results are rewarded. With our commitment to training, we will support your career needs and provide opportunities for development. We are a dedicated team of professionals who enjoy our work and like to have fun! Tonkin & Taylor is not only a place to work - it's a place where your work will make a difference. You may also enjoy a range of benefits as below.
- $500 annual Wellbeing Allowance
- Shareholding opportunities
- Active social club
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Paid parental and partner leave
- Long service leave entitlements and sabbatical opportunities
- Corporate employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts, fruit baskets
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance
- New Zealand owned
- Professional and technical development opportunities.
For further information on T+T, go to: www.tonkintaylor.co.nz
Follow this link to apply now: https://careers.tonkintaylor.co.nz/jobdetails?ajid=OQdK7&preview=m-EXTERNAL_ajid-OQdK7
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer and a member of Diversity Works