Civil Design Engineer
2 days left
- Full Time
CIVIL DESIGN ENGINEER WANTED BY MEDIUM SIZED FIRM IN FARRINGDON!
This award winning civil and structural engineering consultancy employs approximately 80 staff and is looking for a Civil Design Engineer with several years experience to join their civil design team. The work undertaken by the Civils team includes the design of roads and drainage, related to buildings structures schemes.
The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work on a variety of projects spanning commercial, retail, residential and education sectors. The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and has a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary according to skills and experience, bonus, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
- Design of infrastructure for commercial, retail, residential and education sectors including SUDS drainage systems, build ups for roads and hard landscaping schemes in London and throughout the UK.
- Liaison with statutory bodies such as Thames Water, Local Highways Departments, Local Authority SUDS Officers, Environment Agency.
- Ideally have some experience in the use of relevant technical analysis, design software such as Windes MicroDrainage, Revit, Civils 3D / PDS and AutoCAD.
- Ensure that quality and consistency of technical output (drawings, reports etc) is maintained.
- Willing to attend design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections.
- Liaise and lead in a professional manner with colleagues, clients, contractors and other designers and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to their work.
- Work on projects with consideration to the agreed project budgetary limits and time tables.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- BSc or MSc in Civil Engineering.
- Experience in developing SuDS strategies for major developments.
- Several years experience in designing below ground drainage networks, including SuDS elements for buildings, highway and public realm.
- Highways, pavement design and ground modelling experience.
- Experience of deign for flood mitigation including developing sites in Flood Zone 3.
- Knowledge of design software such as WinDes (mircrodrainage), Civil 3D and the use of BIM.
This is an excellent opportunity and I welcome the CVs of any suitable candidates!
Will Herman 02036800640
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Apply for Civil Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly