Principal Structural Engineer
Would you like to work for an industry leading consultancy?
Do you enjoy the challenge of working on more complex projects?
If so then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for. I am working alongside an international multi-discipline consultancy to help find them a Principal Structural Engineer to join their London office on a full time permanent basis. You will work within the London based stadiums and long-span structures team and will therefore need to have experience in high profile and iconic architectural projects. The majority of our clients work is focused on early design and feasibility for big name international projects which are both complex and challenging.
- Undertaking structural engineering projects, performing analyses and calculations as appropriate,
- Developing structural details including general arrangements and interface detailing,
- Supervising work, ensuring that it is carried out to the appropriate technical standard and that it is managed to programme and budget,
- Leading/supervising a team of engineers and technicians designing building structures,
- Effectively control commercial, managerial and technical aspects of the projects which you are responsible for.
- A Senior or Principal Structural Engineer who is chartered MIStructE,
- Experience of Structural Engineering in directly relevant fields including a broad knowledge of structural materials including but not limited to steel, concrete and timber.
- Ability to deliver high quality structural design solutions including strong creative and conceptual design skills, analysis and calculations to a level of detailed construction information and coordinated with other disciplines,
- Specific experience in the design and detailing of architectural steelwork structures, including the use of 3D parametric modelling (Rhino, Grasshopper),
- A solid track record of having worked on a variety of Large scale Long-span projects, possibly as project leader on some, with experience of dealing directly with architects and clients,
- A clear work history and proof of professional development and learning.
On offer for the Principal Structural Engineer:
- Salary up to £55,000,
- Genuine career progression,
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays,
- Company pension scheme,
- Private medical insurance,
- Life assurance,
- Professional membership fees paid,
- Flexible working arrangements.
The benefits package is flexible on top of those listed. To find out more please contact Graham Ventham on 01728 726 120 or send him an updated CV.