Principal Structural Engineer
Would you like to work for an industry leading consultancy?
Do you enjoy the challenge of working on more complex projects?
If so then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for. I am working alongside an international multi-discipline consultancy to help find them a Principal Structural Engineer to join their office in London on a full time permanent basis. Your role will include the management of your own projects and a small team. You will be responsible for the production of designs and calculations whilst acting as a key point of contact for internal expertise and client engagement both on existing projects and frameworks that are out to tender.
Projects: Residential, commercial, aviation, defence, healthcare, education, pharmaceutical, sports, and leisure.
You will be working on some of the UK's largest private and public sector frameworks whilst being supported by an experienced central London team.
- Responsible for helping with the structural engineering design of complex Engineering projects,
- Mentoring and management of existing Structural Engineers and Post-Graduate Engineers,
- Ability to manage projects and have experience in attending both formal progress meetings with clients and informal design workshop situations with other members of the Design Team.
- Chartered Membership with IStructE (preferred) or ICE,
- Degree at either BEng, MSc or Meng or Equivalent,
- Work experience within a similar consultancy or other relevant business,
- Ability to deliver design solutions, assessment calculations, lead teams and successfully manage projects,
- A solid track record of having worked on a variety of structures projects, possibly as project leader on some, with experience of dealing directly with clients,
- Ideally you will be proficient in the use of various design analysis software in the delivery projects and be able to collaborate with management and demonstrate ideas on how to improve the team internally,
- You will also be able to maintain an outstanding technical quality, be interested in new Engineering products and technologies and strive for successful outcomes.
On offer for the Principal Structural Engineer:
- Salary up to £55,000,
- Genuine career progression,
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays,
- Company pension scheme,
- Private medical insurance,
- Life assurance,
- Professional membership fees paid,
- Flexible working arrangements.
The benefits package is flexible on top of those listed. To find out more please contact Graham Ventham on 01728 726 120 or send him an updated CV.