Principal Civil Engineer
Would you like to work for an industry leading consultancy?
Do you enjoy the challenge of working on more complex projects?
If so then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for. I am working alongside an international multi-discipline consultancy to help find them find a Principal Civil Engineer with a bias to below ground drainage and private road design to join their office in St Albans on a full time permanent basis.
As Principal Civil Engineer you will be fully responsible for the production and management of technical designs, and report writing. This will include flood risk assessments, schematic designs, masterplan designs, drawings and specifications for infrastructure projects associated with public and privately funded developments as well as international projects.
In addition to this, you will be required to plan and provide resourcing schedules, financial planning and fee proposals associated with your project or part of the project you are responsible for. The role will also involve liaison with clients, local authorities and representatives from external organisations.
- Responsible for technical design, production and review of projects,
- Responsible for the review and checking of design information and reports prepared by others,
- Liaise with and coordinate the work of other specialists both within the company and with third parties,
- To ensure that work is completed in accordance with company quality and H&S requirements and financial constraints.
- Produce or assist with the production of proposals for new commissions,
- Undertake project management and financial control of projects.
- A Degree in Civil engineering,
- Chartered or working towards chartered status via MICE advantageous,
- Good and professional communication skills both oral and written,
- Ability to use computer modelling and design software associated with below ground drainage designs, road design, earthworks and specification writing.(i.e. MicroDrainage, AutoCAD Civil 3D, NBS Buildings and NBS Create),
- Experienced in the production of detailed design information, technical reports, drawings, tender documents & specifications,
- Experienced in Integration with BIM for public and private developments,
- Familiar with Design Standards such as Sewers for Adoption, Building Regulations, National Planning Policy Framework, Code for Sustainable Homes, BREEAM and LEED, the Specifications for Highways works and other relevant British Infrastructure regulations,
- Experienced in drainage infrastructure to adoptable standards including the negotiation of Section 104 and 106.
- Experience in international projects will be of benefit.
On offer for the Principal Civil Engineer:
- Salary up to £55,000,
- Genuine career progression,
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays,
- Company pension scheme,
- Private medical insurance,
- Life assurance,
- Professional membership fees paid,
- Flexible working arrangements.
The benefits package is flexible on top of those listed. To find out more please contact Graham Ventham on 01728 726 120 or send him an updated CV.