Our client is an award-winning Central London based engineering practice that specialises in structural & technical design. They currently have a vacancy for a Façade Engineer with a minimum of 2 years' façade industry experience & a wealth of expertise to join them on a full-time permanent basis.
Projects: Residential, Commercial, Retail, Healthcare and more
- Design of project details under the guidance of a team leader or Associate Director,
- Producing concept sketches, detailed designs, calculations and reports in accordance with project programmes,
- Liaising with other disciplines and ensuring the coordination of design and detailing work appropriate to the project,
- Review and evaluate design deliverables to advise on compliance with specifications and industry guidance/standards,
- Coordinate with project teams to resolve project related issues and ensure deliverables are met,
- Maintain internal document control of drawings,
- Edit specifications to clarify the technical requirements of the design,
- Review facade contractor's tender returns and design submissions,
- Witness testing of facade systems,
- Undertake factory visits and site inspections.
- A relevant degree,
- A minimum of 2 years' experience within the façade industry,
- Competent in the use of 2D and 3D CAD software, preferably Revit and Strand,
- Ideally project experience within the aforementioned sectors,
- A good understanding of façade procurement processes,
- An innovative approach to design,
- Ability to produce work at a high standard.
The successful Façade Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a friendly & supportive working environment.
If you would like to know more about the client & position available, please send an up to date CV to Graham Ventham for more details.