Senior Facade Design Engineer
Our client is a highly successful, design led structural and civil engineering firm based in Central London. Their workload includes schemes in countries all over the world, with many high profile, impressive projects having successfully been completed.
They have a unique opening for an experienced Senior Façade Engineer with a design/ detailing background.
You will work in a stimulating environment which will bring with it opportunity to explore new technology.
- Provide technical advice on masonry facades; including retained and replacement facades,
- Deliver engineering services on refurbishment schemes,
- Working closely with structural engineering team on retained façade schemes,
- Provide all aspects of design from concept to completion,
- Provide specifications and reports in line with design and construction timeframes.
The successful Senior Façade Engineer will also be required to carry out site inspections and conditions surveys of existing masonry facades, providing recommendations to repair and replace as necessary.
You will also provide design details for remedial and replacement works.
- A relevant degree,
- A minimum of 5 years' experience within the façade industry,
- Experience of developing and presenting ideas to architects, clients and contractors in meetings,
- Have the ability to communicate ideas and develop concepts using hand sketches,
- Competent in the use of 2D and 3D CAD software, preferably Revit and Strand,
- Are familiar with façade system designs, fabrication and assembly techniques,
- Have knowledge of relevant National/International standards and codes for façades,
- Have the ability to understand and react to design changes and budget constraints.
Our client is looking for an engineer who has either an engineering or architectural qualification, with at least 5 years' experience and a portfolio of successful project delivery.
The successful Senior Façade Engineer will have a flexible approach to your work, high level of competency and ability to rise to a challenge.
For further information regarding this unique role, please contact Graham Ventham on 01728 726120