Director of Structures
5 days left
- Full Time
Director of Structural Engineering
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Chartered Structural Engineer seeking a new challenge to head up and develop the Structural Engineering division within this well established and highly reputable property consultancy.
The firm covers architecture, MEP, Surveying, Sustainability, Masterplanning and structural design. They have around 150 staff and have been established over 100 years with a highly reputable industry name. They are backed by a large investment firm meaning that they are assured financial stability and are in an excellent market position for continued success.
They work on a collaborative basis between teams and are able to offer the ability of all round resource to clients. They offer a mutual team support philosophy and bonus to incorporate a team sharing ethos rather than separate teams just acting as cost centres. They work to unlock efficiencies as a business to enhance margins and offer an excellent client service.
The current structural team stands at 4 staff and this role is to develop and grow this team as the company see the opportunity and need for investment in this area. This is an exciting challenge for an aspiring candidate with no risk involved. The role would suit someone operating already at Associate or Associate Director role with a reputable design consultancy. The plans are in place to grow the structures team to 8 staff during 2019 and up to 13 by 2021. This is a real opportunity to carve a niche for yourself within both the industry and the firm.
Projects are very varied in both size and scope, currently including work in the defence sector, industrial buildings, residential projects, projects for the Police, garden centres, schools and concrete resi mid rise frames, to name but some. Projects are commonly up to £40m in value.
- Lead the structural engineering team in an interdisciplinary environment
- Responsible for managing resources/ recruitment, workload, revenue and other costs related to the division
- Provide 'thought leadership' to raise the profile of the structural team both internally and also externally. Attend events as speaker, write articles etc for marketing outputs
- Work with the Technical Director to oversee quality of work, QA, delivery to deadlines
- Develop new business through existing company Clients (repeat business) and new Clients through active and continuous business development and marketing initiatives
- Support the internal business through interdisciplinary bidding activities, speculative work and joint business development initiatives
- Attend meetings to present marketing/ business development activities to the wider Director Group
- Provide information to the Operations Board as required to monitor and improve quality of delivery and continuous improvement across the business
- Knowledge of Revit Management/ working in a CDE environment
- Outward facing and commercially astute
- Creative - design engineer background/ thought leader
- Clear thinker/ rational decision making
Benefits offered in addition to excellent base salary will include:
- 25 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- Various social events
- Annual season ticket loan
- Discretionary Bonus scheme
- Annual salary and performance reviews
Sam Davis 0203 680 0640
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Apply for Director of Structures
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly