Civils Engineering Director / Associate - HS2
Civils Engineering Director / Associate - HS2 project. Fantastic opportunity to work on this exciting project
Your new company
We are working with an international multi-disciplinary engineering design consultancy who pride themselves on creating and developing cutting edge engineering projects that influence people's lives around the globe, ensuring infrastructure is delivering for today and the future.
Your new role
The Civil Design Team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK's most high profile, complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works. The new schemes are diverse and technically complicated and include HS2, London Bridge Station Regeneration, Crossrail, Bank Station Regeneration and South West Rail Resilience Programme
The Lead Civil Engineer will oversee the integrated design of earthworks, drainage, hydrology, landscaping, fencing, structural heave and settlement mitigations across the entire linear trace of C23 Contract.
- To liaise directly with Contractor for earthworks and set expectations relating to the information required by them for planning and pricing of the main earthwork's packages.
- Manage and be responsible for the delivery of this information to the Contractor.
- At an engineering working level, to facilitate strong relationships between the DJV technical disciplines that comprise the overall Civil Engineering work-scope at the designer level.
- To provide regular updates as part of the Senior Leadership Team to demonstrate that integration across technical workstreams is fully co-ordinated and mechanised.
- To ensure that change is cascaded to the effected disciplines in a controlled and structured way that protects overall schedule integrity.
- provide technical and professional leadership in their discipline and subject area in the DJV, establishing and consolidating relationships with clients, taking ownership for the delivery of the DJV's technical capability and supporting the delivery of the project
- are responsible for the production of consistently high quality engineering designs across all DJV delivery teams. Driving consistency of approach, ensuring compliance with technical standards and producing solutions that are demonstrably safe and healthy
- lead the development of DJV capability in the discipline and build and maintain a professional reputation for the DJV
- champion the preparation of designs that are safe and healthy.
- use the DJV health and safety culture to drive continuous improvement in health, safety and welfare.
- assess the competency of nominated project staff from all areas of the DJV and issue Authority to Work. Monitor competence in accordance with competence management process.
- appoint, develop and lead an engineering team in specialist discipline, setting objectives and managing performance to ensure that the subject team has the resources and capability to deliver for the DJV.
- develop the Project delivery methodology
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be working at an Engineering Director / Associate / Principle Engineer level and ideally have experience within infrastructure projects - ideally rail but others considered as well including roads.
What you'll get in return
This is an opportunity to work on one of the UK's most prestigious rail projects. There is a good contract length at 6 months , potentially longer. The rates are highly competitive and are based on skills and experience. The contract is outside of IR35.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.