Civils Design - Section Leader - HS2
Senior Civil Engineer to work as a section leader on HS2 to coordinated multi-disciplinary designs for HS2.
Your new company
We are working with an international multi-disciplinary engineering design consultancy who pride themselves on creating and developing cutting edge engineering projects that influence people's lives around the globe, ensuring infrastructure is delivering for today and the future.
The Civil Design Team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK's most high profile, complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works. The new schemes are diverse and technically complicated and include HS2, London Bridge Station Regeneration, Crossrail, Bank Station Regeneration and South West Rail Resilience Programme.
Your new role
As a section lead you will lead technical coordination of multi discipline designs at a Section Level, particularly focusing on interfaces between engineering disciplines. You will be responsible for the delivery of technically compliant and fully integrated designs and managing the technical impacts of project change
- Operational Teams - following an engineering management framework to communicate technical requirements to design teams and to coordinate their work within multi-discipline teams.
- Lead Engineers - ensuring that the technical requirements for individual disciplines can be met by the DJV delivery teams.
- Other Package Managers - integrating designs across section and package boundaries
- Project Manager - supporting the Project Manager to manage the integration of cost control and programme adherence into delivery.
- Health and Safety Manager - work to ensure that health and safety is a golden thread that runs through the design outputs
What you'll need to succeed
You will have worked in an engineering consultancy, ideally with civils rail experience or highways and a good all round civil engineering experience on infrastructure projects.
You will be have experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams and acting as a point for coordination of design work and be able to lead, manage and communicate well.
What you'll get in return
This is an opportunity to work on one of the UK's most prestigious rail projects. There is a good contract length at 6 months. The rates are highly competitive and are based on skills and experience. The office is based in Birmingham city centre with excellent transport links. Excellent working environments.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Civils Design - Section Leader - HS2
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly