Associate Structural Engineer
An opportunity has arisen for an Associate level structural engineering candidate to join this this award winning, multi-disciplinary engineering office based in SE1.
This firm is a thriving Consultant Engineering Practice with over 50 staff across two offices. They have been in business over 30 years, are Investors in People, QMS and CHAS accredited. The team provide excellent quality, cutting edge services across civil, structural, and infrastructure schemes.
You should be commercially minded, forward thinking, technically excellent and keen to be part of a progressive, people orientated team.
Working closely with a Technical Director you will undertake design and consultancy work related to large residential developments including high rise towers, school buildings and commercial schemes. Projects are mainly large new build schemes, contractor/developer led, working with reputable architects.
The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive UK buildings design experience and ideally be Chartered MICE or MIStructE or nearing this status.
You will be expected to:
- Manage projects and supervise staff
- Prepare design programmes showing proposed delivery on engineering deliverables for discussion and agreement with the client and other design team members
- Develop structural engineering designs and prepare design calculations
- Identify project risk
- Liaise with design team counterparts in other offices
- Support graduate workers in their career development
The company has a low staff turnover, treat both clients and staff properly and is financially stable. They give autonomy to individuals and are small enough not to have all the red tape associated with a larger business.
They offer an attractive benefits package including:
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) rising to 30 days after 5 years
- A day's leave on a birthday if it falls on a working day
- Free healthcare and life assurance after a successful 6 months probationary period
- A pension scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Payment of subscriptions to professional bodies
- Regular CPD
- Realistic opportunities for promotion and progression
Sam Davis 0203 680 0640
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.