Senior Design Engineer – Auckland, New Zealand
Time and time again New Zealand is listed as one of the best places in the world to live and work and so it’s no surprise that so many are looking to relocate themselves and their families to take up opportunities available. With a civil and infrastructure market looking buoyant and incredibly busy for the foreseeable future now is a great time to consider New Zealand. Catalyst Recruitment is the leader in the recruitment of construction professionals from overseas with a successful track record in securing candidates the right job in the right location.
One of New Zealand’s most established and experienced civil contractors is looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join their team in head office, Auckland. They have an outstanding track record of delivering major civil and infrastructure projects throughout the country. A big part of maintaining their status as an industry leader requires the expertise of the most talented and innovative engineers and the search is on for a Senior Design Engineer of the highest calibre.
As a Senior Design Engineer you will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience working on heavy civil and structural projects. Ideally you will be chartered professional engineer who excels in developing solutions to multifaceted and complex engineering projects. You will relish the challenge of pre-stressed bridge elements and diverse sub structure works and produce innovative and pioneering design solutions. You will work closely with the design team to ensure all works comply with codes of practice and the relevant standards and will be involved with site based inspections as required.
- Manage the design process from preconstruction through to completion
- Work to design codes, specifications and standards
- Fully investigate value engineering and drive cost-effective delivery solutions
- Liaise closely with internal and external stakeholders including engineering consultants, government agencies et al
- Produce coherent and accurate project documentation
- Review and manage subcontractor and design team proposals
- A degree or equivalent in civil engineering or other related industry
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in a design based role
- Heavy civil and major structures experience
- Be commercially aware and focused on constructability
- Have a desire further your career with a tier one contractor
The successful candidate will be offered an excellent salary and package that will include relocation assistance to New Zealand. This contractor has a history of hiring candidates from overseas and you can be confident that you’re joining a company that is focused on growing its people and developing careers for the future. If this opportunity is of interest to you and don’t hesitate by contacting Phil on +6421 489 367 or by sending a copy of your CV in confidence via email@example.com.