Associate Civil Engineer
Are you ready to drive your career forward by stepping into a fantastic new role as an Associate Civil Engineer?
Due to an increase in workload, an excellent opportunity has been created by our client, an established multidisciplinary consultancy, in their Hemel Hempstead office, for an Associate Civil Engineer to join them on a full-time permanent basis.
Civil Engineering Team Projects:
- Detailed design of roads, drainage, bridges, retaining walls & earthworks,
- Detailed design of S38/S278 schemes & highway improvements,
- Detailed design of residential, industrial, commercial & educational developments,
- Site appraisals, feasibility studies & pre-application advice,
- Flood Risk Assessments, Foul Drainage & Utility Assessments.
- Take a global view of infrastructure issues for new development and advise clients accordingly,
- Prepare outline and detailed designs of road and drainage infrastructure, junction alterations and new services,
- Produce technical and pre-planning reports on flood risk, drainage, utilities and geo-environmental issues, and / or check reports produced by others,
- Liaise with clients, project teams and local authorities.
- A degree in Civil Engineering,
- Chartered Engineer IStructE or ICE preferred,
- A minimum of 8 years' post-graduation experience as a Civil Engineering design,
- Strong skills with MicroDrainage (WinDes) & AutoCAD for drafting design solutions,
- Excellent client facing skills & experience dealing with various industry professionals,
- Experience dealing with adoption agreements for roads and drainage,
- An ability to speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone,
- An ability to write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports
- Good commercial awareness,
- An ability to work well with others as part of a team.
Our client is offering the successful Associate Civil Engineer a competitive salary & benefits package along with plenty of opportunity to challenge yourself and build on your existing skillset within an experienced & highly skilled team of professionals. This firm boasts an excellent staff retention rate, and you will be working within a friendly & supportive working environment where you will be a valued member of the team.
If this Associate Civil Engineer vacancy is of interest to you and you'd like to hear more details, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.