Senior Civil Technician
A successful independent multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Cardiff are looking to increase their numbers, due to their expanding work load. The practice has provided first class design services to their clients across the UK. Their impressive portfolio of projects spans across sectors such as Commercial, Healthcare, Education, Residential, Energy and Highways. Structural and Civil services they provide include Structural Surveys, Infrastructure Design, Highway and Drainage Design, BIM, Transport and more.
For over 30 years they have prided themselves with their track record of excellence which has been recognised with numerous award-winning projects including RIBA 2015 -National Award, BREEAM Wales 2011 Award and Achiever of the Year Awards from Constructing Excellence and the Institution of Civil Engineers Spirit of Telford Award.Recent projects include a production facility for a major prestigious car manufacturer in which the practice provided Civil, Structural and Infrastructure design services for the huge multi-million-pound undertaking.
Due to their expanding workload and increasing pipeline of projects, an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Civil Technician to join their office in Cardiff. As the Senior Civil Technician, will be working within the infrastructure team on projects in highways, drainage, flood risk and residential development projects across the UK.
What's on offer for you as the new Senior Civil Technician:
* Salary up to £38,000 per annum plus benefits
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Flexible working hours for excellent work/life balance
* Company Pension (6% company contribution for every 4%)
* Fantastic career progression
* Support towards chartership and training available
* Fun and social work environment
What you'll bring to your new role as the Senior Civil Technician:
* A minimum qualification of an HND or HNC in Engineering or similar;
* Proficient user of AutoCAD;
* Proven ability to prepare CAD drawings to a standard suitable for construction and technical approvals;
* Proficient experience of infrastructure design software such as XPSite3D, Autodesk Civils3D +, PDS and MicroDrainage
* Proven experience in infrastructure scheme designs
* Good IT skills, including MS Office
* Excellent communication skills, to liaise with colleagues and clients
* Ability to work within a team and able to work under own initiative
* Excellent organisational skills and able to prioritise workload
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity speak to Terry Jeffs at Conrad Consulting on 01728 726127 for more information on this exciting role.