Civil Design Engineer - Westonbirt Arboretum
1 day left
- Full Time
This new post is an extremely varied and exciting opportunity to join the Forestry England Civil Engineering team. You will play a key role supporting the delivery of civil engineering activities across the Public Forest Estate (PFE), as well as operating at a local level with the team at the National Arboretum in Gloucestershire. It’s an exciting time at Westonbirt, as we continue to progress existing projects and develop plans for its future.
Forestry England is a progressive and inclusive organisation, where benefits include a generous holiday entitlement, substantial training, development and volunteering opportunities, as well as flexible working arrangements and membership of an excellent civil service pension scheme. Our staff work in and among some of the most diverse and spectacular natural environments in England.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Civil Engineer to provide input to the continuous improvement of our civil engineering activities across the PFE. This role is varied and will include undertaking detailed civil engineering design work on projects, providing guidance and technical advice to colleagues across the country, project managing the delivery of design and physical works primarily at Westonbirt, as well as planning ongoing maintenance of our Civil Engineering assets and contributing to the master planning of our civil engineering capital delivery programme.
The range of civil engineering activities are broad and will include the design of car parks, road alignments, drainage networks (including both foul and surface water management), SuDS, culverts, etc.
Key work areas
1. Provide engineering advice and technical support. To include undertaking detailed planning, design and coordination of civil engineering projects, completing construction status drawings, calculations, preparing specifications, etc.
2. Assist with strategic master planning, project development and delivery, commercial considerations and stakeholder liaison.
3. Complete tender documentation for the procurement of civil engineering activities, including advising on appropriate technical specifications.
4. Contribute to the development and maintenance of technical guidance and standards in respect of civil engineering, including both design, operational and commercial aspects.
5. Supervision and site management of civil engineering construction activities, in line with Forestry England processes and procedures and current health and safety legislation.
6. Review best practice in relation to all civil engineering projects, assets and ways of working and develop proposals for improvement.
7. Assist with implementing consistent asset management standards by coordinating and supporting inspections of civil engineering assets.
8. Promote and encourage a positive health and safety culture around all Civil Engineering activity. Champion the practical implementation of the CDM 2015 regulations throughout all stages of the project lifecycle.
Click 'Apply' to find out further details and apply via the Civil Service Jobs website.