Highways Project Manager
Highways Project Management job in Hampshire
Your new company
Hays Civil and Structural Engineering are seeking an experience Project Manager with infrastructure/highways and NEC experience for the office based in Hampshire. The organisation are looking to expand their strong project management team and offers an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to grow within their business. they offer rapid career progression and the chance to work on a range of infrastructure projects up to £200 million and develop the team.
Your new role
As the Project Manager, your role will be to effectively deliver project management services across the infrastructure, highways and civil engineering sector. Build successful working relationships with local and national highways authority clients. Provide support to the regional infrastructure management team in the growth of the sector. Under minimum supervision as NEC3 project manager for projects relating to highways and infrastructure, including pre and post project controls.
What you'll need to succeed
- Be a good ambassador for the business
- Provide guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Complying with the Project Management toolkit.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a commission or project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Understanding the clients' programme and project objectives.
- Assisting to generate repeat business.
- Assisting to develop new business opportunities.
- Enhancing your communication skills, particularly with customers, to reflect the organisation's values.
- Member (or working towards membership) of a professional body (e.g. ICE, RICS or equivalent recognised institutional body
- Active involvement on a number of commissions/projects as Project Manager under the NEC form
- Established knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall project management techniques
- Effective review of contracts documents including familiarity with contractual obligations, breaches and remedies.
- Good understanding and appreciation of programme and scheduling software. Forensic programming skills desirable but not essential.
- General knowledge of current legal and regulatory developments in respect of construction and associated law.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.