Senior estimator permanent job in Sussex for construction company
Your new company
A new Senior Estimator is being recruited due to the continued expansion of one of Sussex's successful regional Main Contractors. The company are construction experts who work to achieve fantastic working relationships with their clients. As such they are involved in challenging and ground breaking projects in the South East. This role will suit you if you are an experienced senior estimator looking to work diligently with a company who will support your standards and work ethic.
The role -
Working as a Senior Estimator for a regional construction company your role will include the following -
* Arrange site inspections
* Provide accurate budgets/cost plans
* Provide a detailed "take-off" and Bill of Quantities (BQ) using the Conquest Estimating software package
* Work on traditional Plan and Specification, Design and Build of Partnered Contracts
* Obtain competitive prices for materials and sub-contract packages
* Oversee or complete quote analysis comparisons
* Check and amend rate/price build-ups where necessary
* Prepare tender build-ups for internal adjudication and carry out adjustments where necessary
* Preparation and collation of relevant information/ documentation for handover meeting, ensuring all teams are suitably briefed
* Discuss the clients requirements for a pre-tender meeting with relevant departments, present and answer all questions regarding cost of works
* Participate in post-tender meetings with clients
What you'll need to succeed
* Degree or Higher National Certificate in Construction/Building, or equivalent.
* Previous estimating experience of at least 10 years
* Experience of working on projects from £3m - £12m
* Drivers licence
* You will be proud to work to clear, concise and accurate standards
What you'll get in return
The company are a stable, long standing member of the Sussex construction industry and you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package (details on application); and the opportunity to work with a forward thinking, challenge driven team as they expand their operations in the South East. There is free parking and the office is situated in beautiful rural location (with good road links).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.