Flood Risk Engineer
Would you like to work for an industry leading consultancy?
Do you enjoy the challenge of working on a wide variety of interesting projects?
We are working with one of our key clients to find them a Flood Risk Engineer to join the Infrastructure team in their Ipswich office on a full-time permanent basis, to assist with their pipeline of infrastructure design work.
Projects: flood defence schemes, pre-planning flood risk and drainage strategy, detailed design of adoptable infrastructure and property development for private and commercial clients.
As Flood Risk Engineer your role will involve:
- Undertaking drainage strategy investigation and design to support planning stage flood risk and drainage assessment reports including preparing reports and drawings,
- Provide support in the undertaking of hydraulic modelling and reports, with a focus on construction of fluvial and surface water hydraulic models.
The successful Flood Risk Engineer will:
- A relevant degree accredited to CEng Status by the Institution of Civil Engineers or other relevant body,
- Experience in drainage design (either detailed or strategic),
- Knowledge and understanding of basic hydrology principles,
- Experience of using technical software packages such as AutoCAD, MicroDrainage, Civils 3D and QGIS,
- A demonstrably excellent standard of written and verbal English,
- Knowledge of Flood Risk Assessments would be an advantage,
- A valid driving licence.
In return the successful Flood Risk Engineer will receive a competitive salary & benefits package too, so don't miss out and send your up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.
Apply for Flood Risk Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly