Flood Risk Engineer
Would you like to work for an industry leading consultancy?
Do you enjoy the challenge of working on a wide variety of interesting projects?
We are working with one of our key clients to find them a Flood Risk Engineer to join the Infrastructure team in their Ipswich office on a full-time permanent basis, to assist with their pipeline of infrastructure design work.
Projects: flood defence schemes, pre-planning flood risk and drainage strategy, detailed design of adoptable infrastructure and property development for private and commercial clients.
As Flood Risk Engineer your role will involve:
- Undertaking drainage strategy investigation and design to support planning stage flood risk and drainage assessment reports including preparing reports and drawings,
- Provide support in the undertaking of hydraulic modelling and reports, with a focus on construction of fluvial and surface water hydraulic models.
The successful Flood Risk Engineer will:
- A relevant degree accredited to CEng Status by the Institution of Civil Engineers or other relevant body,
- Experience in drainage design (either detailed or strategic),
- Knowledge and understanding of basic hydrology principles,
- Experience of using technical software packages such as AutoCAD, MicroDrainage, Civils 3D and QGIS,
- A demonstrably excellent standard of written and verbal English,
- Knowledge of Flood Risk Assessments would be an advantage,
- A valid driving licence.
In return the successful Flood Risk Engineer will receive a competitive salary & benefits package too, so don't miss out and send your up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.