Senior Drainage Engineer
Our client is an industry leading multidisciplinary firm with a rich history and multiple offices across the UK. They have an exciting new opening for a Senior Drainage Engineer to join their Central London office on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of Surface Water Drainage Strategies to the level of detail required to support Planning Applications for residential and commercial developments for a range of both private and public sector clients.
Projects: Civil Engineering - drainage & highway design.
- Project Management of assigned projects,
- To carry out technical and other work as required on assigned projects whilst ensuring high levels of safety, quality and environmental responsibility,
- To ensure the technical quality of own and team's work in accordance with good engineering practice, relevant standards, Codes of Practice, current design methods and H&S legislation,
- To prepare feasibility, designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports,
- Check work including third party design proposals as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects,
- Carry out other duties identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects,
- Supervise technical work of staff as required by the Department Manager,
- Engage in client and third party liaison successfully leading to enhanced reputation and repeat work,
- Assist with the promotion of the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients.
- A degree in Civil Engineering or similar,
- Professionally qualified (ICE or CIWEM),
- Chartered Engineer ideally,
- Minimum of 5 years post-Graduation experience,
- Experience of drainage design and designing and implementing SuDS for new developments and as retrofit,
- Experience of modelling of surface water drainage, watercourses and waste water networks, preferably using Infoworks ICM (Incl. 2D), ISIS, TUFLOW (1D-ESTRY & 2D) or MicroDrainage,
- Strong analytical, critical thinking with good organisational skills,
- Ability to work well in teams and provide effective direction to graduates and technicians,
- Good verbal and written communication skills,
- A good understanding of the responsibilities of water companies, lead local flood authorities and Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage,
- A practical knowledge and experience of drainage design, assessment, maintenance work.
The successful Senior Drainage Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role that's both technical & managerial. If you would like to know more, please send an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.