Asset Performance Engineer (Civils)
- Location: North Wales
- Grade & Salary: G5 £29,243 - £32,441
- Post number: 200264/200265
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: Your role will primarily be office based but may entail travel between different NRW locations and you will also work out in the field
Closing date: 28th October 2019
Interviews to take place when/where: TBC
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, tax free childcare and salary sacrifice schemes.
The role requires an Engineer, preferably from an asset management or flood risk background to help manage and develop Flood Risk Asset Management plans to communities across North Wales.
Undertake engineering assessments and analysing asset information and flood risk data to determine current and future flood risk asset management need.
Project manage small/ medium value capital and revenue projects and supervise consultants and contractors on our local and national frameworks. Act as Client representative on our more complex capital schemes.
Representative as a professional partner on flood groups, coastal groups and community events. Advise and support risk management authorities, communities and other stakeholders.
Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to degree level in Civil Engineering or equivalent in a scientific subject.
- Good knowledge of ICT, including GIS systems and CAD (e.g. ARCGIS, AutoCAD).
- Good awareness of Health and Safety and relevant regulations e.g Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM)
- Knowledge of civil engineering design, construction contract practices.
- Member of or demonstrate willingness to work towards membership of a relevant professional body such as ICE/CIWEM.
- Project Management experience and PRINCE 2 would be desirable.
Must have full UK driving licence
Click 'Apply' for more information.