Senior Temporary Works Engineer
Our client is a well-established practice with a history of delivering exceptional civil and structural engineering. A reputation like this brings success, evidenced by their rapidly expanding workload.
Their workload is increasing and as a result they have a requirement for a Senior Temporary Works Engineer to join them on a full time permanent basis.
Your role will involve working on a range of buildings structures schemes, of varying sizes, producing structural drawings in steel, timber, masonry and concrete.
The firm is based on the outskirts of Hemel Hempstead, offering easy access to major arterial routes.
- Acting as temporary works coordinator for a specified site,
- Managing temporary works activities and procedures across the site ensuring adequate control systems are in place,
- Be first point of contact between temporary works designers and the site team,
- Head weekly site meetings with the engineering subcontractors and construction teams to plan and track temporary works and constructions activities,
- Supervise all temporary works activates on site and ensure the correct control measures are in place including use of permit to work systems,
- Maintain all records relating to temporary works including temporary works register, management plan, drawings, calculations and other relevant documents,
- Review temporary works designs ensuring that the designs are correct and in accordance with actual site conditions,
- Provide technical engineering support to the project teams throughout the project life cycle,
- Assist in the tendering process for engineering subcontractors including ground, frame and demolition works,
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- A minimum of 5 years' experience on temporary works projects,
- Ability and willingness to lead a team,
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.