BIM Technician Required - Contract Until January 2021
Your new company
A leading construction company and developer, is an inclusive and responsible business that is helping to build for a better society. Known for major projects across the UK, they are creating, upgrading and maintaining the country's buildings and infrastructure. They are green, innovative and progressive. Striving to bring together people and technology, helping to make our industry safer and more collaborative.
Your new role
Technology have ambitious plans for growth, and joining as a BIM Technician, you will be an integral part of a design team supporting the delivery of complex and challenging projects using an array of BIM and Digital Engineering tools. We have a supportive culture, and working together we will ensure you are challenged to reach your full potential in the field of BIM and Digital Engineering, drawing on your current experience and the knowledge and capability in our teams and projects. This role will be working with a team based in Bridgend in South Wales, but as they are currently working from home, they are happy to consider candidates elsewhere, as long as they have a reliable broadband connection and are able to work remotely effectively. The projects will be predominantly in the water, buildings, and industrial sectors, however we operate a flexible team structure so there will be opportunities to work in other sectors too.
What you'll need to succeed
- You should hold an appropriate construction related qualification. The minimum level of qualification shall be a BTEC HNC or equivalent.
- You must have a good knowledge of the construction industry and an awareness of appropriate construction methods.
- You should be proactive, highly motivated, driven to succeed and possess a strong attention to detail.
- You need to be willing to adapt, have strong problem solving skills and work well within a team.
- Understanding of BIM standards and processes (BS 1192 & PAS 1192)
- A working knowledge of the following: Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit modelling packages and Microsoft office suite.
- A basic knowledge of the following: Working within a CDE, 4D programming, and coordination software.
- Experience on site is desirable and a basic knowledge of the BIM process, design, engineering and data capture is highly desirable.
What you'll get in return
In return for these skills and experience we are offering a competitive rate, a structured learning and development programme and the chance to work on some of the most interesting and complex projects in the industry.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.