Civil Engineer Estimator
6 days left
- Full Time
Civil Engineering Estimator / Cost Engineer - Permanent - Birmingham City Centre
Your new company
Due to continued growth and investment, my client is recruiting Civil Engineering Estimators to join their Commercial Services team in Central Birmingham.
Your new role
As an Civil Engineering Estimator, you will actively engage with a range of key stakeholders to produce cost estimates and advise on planning and estimating matters across a range of high value, high profile Civil Engineering schemes throughout their life cycle. You will also contribute to the development of a process improvement approach to cost engineering improving capability across the function with the opportunity to lead and mentor Assistant Estimators, Graduates and Apprentices within the team.
What you'll be leading on:
- Using your expertise to provide detailed cost estimates for projects and programmes, in order to provide information to a range of areas to plan effectively
- Responsible for working on projects throughout their lifecycle, providing timely and accurate outputs in accordance with the estimating manual to provide information to project boards
- Lead in the effective implementation of consistent reporting templates to capture and analyse relevant data to ensure that there is a consistent approach from all peers
- Undertake project and scheme cost estimates with Project Teams up to and post Early Contractor Involvement award stage
- Ensure contractors' estimates, including Target Costs / budget setting, are audited to support the effective cost driven management of all projects
- Utilise software effectively in order to produce the most accurate estimates for work, supporting the timeliness and cost accurateness of projects and schemes
- Work closely with Supply Chain in order to negotiate intricacies both from a measurement standpoint and contractual elements.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will hold a qualification at degree level as a minimum in one the following disciplines Civil Engineering / Quantity Surveying / Estimation;
- You will be a proven Estimator / Quantity Surveyor / Cost Engineer with experience gained in an Civil Engineering environment
- You will have demonstrable expertise in a specific range of estimation and cost engineering techniques
- You will have experience of working with and development of estimating templates, tools and techniques
- You will have the ability to work in a complex structured project and programme management environment to tight deadlines
- You actively engage with project stakeholders and work closely with project teams ensuring effective communication to achieve the desired outputs
- You are able to use Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project or similar planning tools effectively.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Civil Engineer Estimator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly