Director of Structures
Would you describe yourself as a talented engineer with a talent for inspiring and motivating others and a passion for innovative design? If so, are you ready to drive your career forward by taking this unique opportunity to step into a new role as a Director of Structures?
We are working with an established and innovative multidisciplinary consultancy who, pride themselves on their ability to create, improve and develop the built environment. They have an exciting opportunity for a Director to join their office in Oxfordshire to head up and lead their Structures team.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious and dynamic individual who will be expected to lead the structural engineering team by managing the workload of engineers on numerous projects and ensuring the team undertake detailed design to the required standards, delivering projects on time and profitably, while taking into full consideration standards and programme deadlines.
Projects: Residential, Commercial, Educational and more.
- Business development.
- The financial, technical and project management control of structural engineering aspects of projects,
- Lead and develop project teams, supervising engineers and technicians.
- Liaise and attend meetings with clients, architects, subcontractors and other professionals,
- Promote design approaches that enhance the sustainability and minimise environmental impact of projects,
- Ensure project designs complies with all relevant statutory requirements to deliver best practice.
- A degree in civil or structural engineer,
- A minimum of 10 years' post-qualification experience in structural engineering design, at least 5 being within a leadership role.
- A Chartered Structural Engineer,
- A sound financial grasp of the running of an engineering practice,
- Expertise in maintaining an overview of entire projects and supporting the focus on appropriate level of detailed design,
- An active client portfolio,
- A strong business acumen with the ability to develop new and existing client relationships as well as win new business,
- Proven negotiating and influencing skills, good relationship builder,
- A proven track record of successfully delivery projects and client satisfaction,
- Proficient in the use of design tools such as Tedds, Tekla, Revit, Masterseries.
Our client is offering a competitive salary & comprehensive and attractive benefits package along with plenty of opportunity to challenge yourself and build on your existing skillset within an experienced & highly skilled team of professionals.
If this vacancy is of interest to you and you'd like to hear more details, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.
Apply for Director of Structures
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly