Chartered Civil Design Engineer
An award-winning structural and civil engineering design practice are seeking a Chartered Civil Design Engineer to join their Central London office. The company have worked on iconic projects from the London 2012 Velodrome to Las Arenas in Barcelona.
Your scope of work would include the design of below ground drainage, earthworks, pavements and highways connections on a wide variety of project types. These will range from City-wide masterplans through to parks and public realm projects and include educational, arts and leisure, commercial and residential developments. You would be responsible for:
- Developing concept designs
- Producing technical design information including reports, calculations, drawings and specifications
- Managing technicians and more junior team members
- Representing the company at client and design team meetings
- Delivering construction information
- Managing projects
You should have several post-graduation design experience with the ability to think through complex problems and embrace creative and appropriate solutions. You must also be Chartered with the ICE. The successful candidate will have experience in the following core elements:
- Below ground drainage design (foul and surface water)
- Highways and pavement design, including asphalt, concrete and natural stone systems
- Underground services and utilities design and coordination in accordance with NJUG best practice.
- Earthworks and their specifications and cut and fill calculations
- Defining briefs, developing strategies and undertaking feasibility studies in response to client needs.
In reference to the above the successful candidate will have a sound technical base with good knowledge of relevant infrastructure-adoptable standards, and an ability to adapt and work with other relevant international standards and practices. They will also have;
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Experience in negotiating with Statutory Authorities
- Strong IT skills along with an ability to interpret and work with maps, plans and drawings
- Experience of design software commonly used in the design of infrastructure associated with building based projects. This could include Autodesk Civil 3D, AutoCAD, Revit, Micro-Drainage/WinDES etc.
- An awareness of BIM and its application on projects
- A good understanding of sustainable development practice
- The ability to work both individually and as part of a multidisciplinary team whilst taking responsibility for the quality of their work
- The ability to liaise directly with clients, architects and other parties in the project's professional team
- The ability to communicate confidently and to be able to adapt their approach to suit the specific situation
Applicants should have an MEng (or equivalent) Civil Engineering Degree and have Chartered Membership of a relevant institution.
The company are offering a competitive salary and benefits scheme.
If suitable, please send me your CV in Word format.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Apply for Chartered Civil Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly