Senior Structural Engineer
4 days left
- Full Time
Have recent events found you considering a new and exciting opportunity? Would you welcome the chance to find a role you can make your own?
If so, then this could be the role for you.
Our clients engineering team are looking for Senior Structural Engineer to join them in their office which is situated in Dover. The ideal candidate will be the first engineer to hold this senior position and this will therefore offer the perfect opportunity to make your mark and be at the forefront of this emerging team.
With this opportunity you will help to deliver projects as part of a highly-collaborative team and enjoy a happy work-life balance where flexibility is encouraged and supported by senior management. The ideal candidate will have proven strength in undertaking structural design and assessment in one or more of the following disciplines: Maritime, Highways or Building Structures.
- To carry out structural design and assessments of Building, Highway and Maritime assets in accordance with applicable standards and regulations,
- Preparing and reviewing designs, contract documents, specifications and drawings for the construction of civil & structural engineering works, carried out by contractors.
- To provide structural expertise for the preparation by others of designs, contract documents, specifications, drawings, risk and environmental assessments for the execution of building, civil engineering, paving and other port related works which are to be carried out by contract.
- To provide structural input to enable other engineers to provide estimates and feasibility studies for proposed new schemes and alterations to existing structures.
- To manage & administer the company's structural inspection regime,
- To assist the Civil and Structures Manager in producing asset maintenance strategies and plans for existing civil and structural assets and ensuring that designs and specifications align with those strategies and plans.
- To liaise with architects, consultants and quantity surveyors appointed to take control of a project on the Board's behalf, including the formulation of the "brief" and the progress of work on site in respect of brief, time, quality, safety, financial targets and operational constraints.
- A BSc/BEng degree in engineering,
- Chartered Engineer with the Institution of Civil Engineers or Structural Engineers or equivalent,
- A minimum of 8yrs experience of undertaking civil and structural engineering works,
- Experience of undertaking feasibility studies, design, assessments and specifications for civil and structural engineering works,
- Strong user skills in structural engineering software,
- Good user skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook,
- Must hold a valid driving licence and use of own vehicle.
On offer for the Structural Engineer:
- A starting salary of up to £60,000 per annum DOE,
- Generous contributory pension scheme,
- Discretionary bonus scheme,
- Private healthcare,
- An engaging variety of work on an array of structural forms and materials.
The successful candidate will be given support from a highly professional team and full training and development programmes are available to match individual needs and aspirations.
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for then please send your CV to Graham Ventham.
Apply for Senior Structural Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly