Principal Civil Engineer
Principal Engineer-Birmingham City Centre
Your new company
You will be joining one of the UK's leader's in Rail Design consultancy services.Due to increased workload they are looking to recruit a Principal Civil Engineer into the business. With a growing team, working across multiple Rail design offices throughout the UK they are continuing to add to their already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
Your new role
The successful candidate will undertake and oversee production of Civil designs, leading a dedicated Civil design engineering team. In addition, you will manage the Civil and Structural elements of a complete project. Being an experienced Principal Civil Engineer, you'll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it's further training to broaden your skills, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities.
What you'll need to succeed
- You have achieved CEng / IEng status (or equivalent)/ hold significant relevant experience
- You have a working knowledge of BIM and be able to assist others in the use of BIM
- You have expertise in the use of the design software in the discipline e.g. including MicroStation, and can mentor others
- You can demonstrate a thorough understanding of the interfaces between all railway disciplines and how these are managed: the design process, Network Rail's technical approvals process and engineering management
- You have the ability to check design work for Civil and Structural Design elements of projects and act as an approver ensuring all contractual requirements have been satisfied to a level that complies with NR, RSSB and British standards
- You have the ability to recognise changes to the scope, that will affect cost and programme; and be able to quantify these changes, be aware of process for reporting the change to the project manager
- You can prepare estimates and have contributed to larger bids for engineering designs
- You have a proven history of management of other designers
- You have acted as CRE for a civil engineering design.
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarding with a 6 month contract along with an extremely competitive day rate, with the possibility to go permanent for the right candidate.This role will be based in Birmingham City Centre however, you will be working from home until further notice.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.