Senior Bridge Engineer (Rail)
Small design consultancy based in SE1 requires a Senior Bridge Engineer to join them, ideally Chartered. Network Rail experience and detail design experience is essential. If you have buildings experience as well this could be useful for other projects in the firm longer term as they also do a variety of other civil/structural projects including substation design for UK Power Networks.
The firm is a small, but growing, financially robust practice with major top name clients. You would have the chance to make a real impact on how this business grows, going forwards. They are a very social and friendly group at the office. They have light and airy open plan serviced office space close London Bridge, Waterloo and Blackfriars stations. The offices have excellent shared facilities with meeting rooms, kitchen, break out spaces etc.
Excellent communication skills are essential as you will be attending meetings, site and dealing with clients as well as hands on design. Projects include design of large new footbridges over railways at stations, and a highway over rail bridge. You must be experienced in both steel and concrete. There will also be some survey work involved and occasional night/weekend work, for which overtime will be paid.
The firm is on a framework for remediation works to an area of Network Rail's structural assets and bridge replacement and bridge refurbishment works.
Remediation works including, scoping, options and investigation findings reports, strengthening and repairs through F001 to F003 and GRIP 3 to 5 & support at GRIP 6; Refurbishment works; replacement works including various railway bridges.
- Take a leading role in the implementation of health & safety and wellbeing best practice into the delivery of all works.
- Act as a technical lead for the delivery of highway or railway end market projects. Carry out design works.
- Lead, line manage and develop a delivery focused team of Engineers and Technicians.
- Act as Supervising Civil Engineer for trainees working towards Chartership where required.
- Secure and deliver works to new and existing clients.
- Project management of schemes including: client reporting, programming, resource planning and commercial management.
- Prepare work package plans in preparation for site works
- Undertake calculations checks
- Prepare detailed design calculations for new build and repair schemes
- Prepare assessment reports
- Extensive experience of detailed design, bridge inspection and assessment.
- Network Rail experience
- Proven project management experience delivering to quality, time and budget.
- Extensive experience in rail projects in the UK.
- Previous exposure with clients including: national and local authorities and ideally Principal Contractors.
- Proven ability to manage staff and project Health and Safety responsibilities including compliance with CDM legislation.
- You will have a current clean driving license and be willing to travel throughout the UK to visit sites.
- Strong ability in various software packages ideally including LUSAS and MIDAS, with strong experience in Finite Element Analysis preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the following: Eurocodes, British, Highways England and Network Rail Standards.
- Strong experience in delivering bridge design through Highways England and Network Rail standards.
- Previous experience as a CRE is preferable
Sam Davis 07785 649 564
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.