Senior Engineer VRS
Your New role
We currently have a brand new exciting opportunity for a Senior VRS Engineer to join our team in the South East. Within this role, you will be developing feasibility studies for improvements and/or renewals, including the compiling and checking of relevant documents, evidence and options for value management, taking into account new techniques, materials, buildability, and costs.
This role can be based in Guildford, Maidstone or Basingstoke.
You will be required to drive as part of your role and you will need to have a full clean driving license to be considered for this position and during employment.
What you’ll be leading on
- Activities and resources involved in the identification and evaluation of asset data and needs in order to develop early solutions, in line with agreed methodologies and prioritisation criteria.
- Development of asset management documents.
- Identify, prepare briefs and support delivery of survey works that support the improvement and/or renewal of assets.
- Develop technical briefs provided to external design services contractor for improvement and renewals work.
- Design of highway renewals and maintenance schemes.
- Development of forward works programme.
- Ensure the health and safety needs and wellbeing of customers and employees are fully considered and accounted for throughout the planning and delivery of each service activity
To be Successful
- Civil Engineer with appropriate experience or Incorporated Engineer
- Degree or HND in relevant discipline and appropriate experience, or equivalent
- Experience in highway construction and delivery methods
- Experience of management, inspection and design of renewal schemes.
- Experience in working within budgets including the creation of a budget for scheme development.
- Understanding of the Value Management process and/or cost benefit analysis of schemes
- Working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) standards, methods of working & Specification for Highway Works.
- Good knowledge of CDM 2015
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future.
Want to know more?
To request a copy of the role profile, please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference HIG04150
Please note, we are looking to hold interviews in the new year.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.